Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Oh, Crap! (contains poop)


My day yesterday was nothing less than crappy. And I mean literally. Justin and I decided to drive out to Fredericksburg, go Costco and stock up on a few things, and possibly hit a few other stores since they have SO much more there than here in Culpeper. We went in the Haverty's and we were talking with a saleswoman and Justin was sort of chasing the kids. Then he tells me Audrie needs a diaper change "stat", which in man terms means "it stinks get it off before it comes out and gets on the clothes and I have to see it/touch it". I go in the bathroom and there's no changing table. Soooooo, I lie my coat on the floor and change her there on the floor.

We continue our furniture searching and viewing and Justin takes the kids so I can talk to the sales lady. Again, he comes out and tells me ELSIE now needs a new diaper. The saleslady told me she thought there was a changing table in the back bathroom. She walks me back - and there were holes in the wall where it used to be. So again, I use my coat and change a particularly nasty diaper on the floor of the handicapped stall.

We make it to Costco and finally make it back home.
Elsie says, "I pooped!"
I say, "I know you did, you pooped today"
She says "I pooped again!"
To which I replied " Again!?"

I take Elsie back to get her mess off of her (It's a bigger mess than earlier) and Justin starts the bath with Audrie. As I am finishing with Elsie - not done- but finishing, Justin yells, "Oh no!"
And by the time I say "What" , here comes Audrie naked down the hall.

He yells "I saw poop hanging on her butt, but she took off!!"
I wiped her, but there wasn't anything hanging. Justin takes Audrie back to the tub and when I took Elsie in I ask Justin, " Did you check the floor just to make sure there wasn't any poop in the hallway?"
He says" Yeah"

Mmmmm hmmmmm. Any wife should know to never really listen to her husband. when he says "yeah".

I go back to the girls' room to tie up all the diapers and wipes and when I walk back out I see the cat in the hallway sniffing something. Yep, you guessed it. The terd that was on Audrie's totally cute butt was on the floor! The floor that my husband "checked"!

I yell "Poop! There's poop in the hallway! You didn't even check did you?!"

As I walk back in the bedroom to get some wipes and germ killer I notice smear marks on the floor and instantly think I must have it on my slipper! And I did! How completely gross!!! There I was, for the 5th time cleaning up poop off the floor, hall runner, and my slipper!! I guess having kids CAN be really crappy. Pun intended.

No comments:

Post a Comment